So, what have I been up to lately? This past week has been really inspiring and allowed me to get a sense of the opportunities that are in my future.Nick and I went to Atlanta over the weekend and what an experience that was! We were to arrive around 11 but got in around 2 AM due to weather. The hotel we stayed in was a little less than kosher. :) Nick is in charge of the hotel next time for sure.
While we were there we met some really wonderful people and I have started to look at life in a community sort of way. It's not that I haven't felt this way before, I just haven't had the time to act on it.
What if we all had a place to be a part of, feel good about helping the community, look at cool things while we were at it and feel like you were part of something special.
I have been blessed with a lot of time at the moment to which I am sure, was granted so that I can do something good for others. I hope to bring this to your community soon! I'm keeping my elbows crossed.
As my week progressed, I had the opportunity to hear Barack Obama speak in Dallas. What a treat this was. A special friend took me with the VIP treatment. A year ago I would never have guessed that I would have the opportunities that I have had, simply from thinking walking would be too difficult.
I stood for 2 hours and even ended up giving my seat to a girl that became ill. I was really tired in this picture as it was the end of the day but, I remember, not too long ago, how hard it was to stand for even 20 minutes. It is such a great feeling to be so much more "able" even though I get that "dis" attachment every now and then.
It's been a very moving week and I hope to keep the momentum going. I feel as if my life has been put into fast motion sometimes and I get excited about all the possibilities. Because of that, I was recently given some great advice: focus on one thing and do that one thing really well, everything else will follow.
I am starting to believe!
Love,
Jen

9 comments:
Cool picture! I'm going to see Sen. Obama tonight at the Capitol and I'll bet I won't be able to get that close to him.
ALL I CAN SAY IS "WOW".... WHAT GREAT THINGS YOU ARE DOING!!!!! I BELIEVE GOD HAS PLANNED GREAT THINGS.
KEEP MOVIN BABE YOUR DOING FABULOUS.
LOVE AND MISS YOU,
JILL F
OMG! I cannot believe all the secrets you have been keeping. HA! Can't wait to catch up over dinner next week. Seems like you have tons to talk about. Good for you and how very cool. S&S
THAT IS SO AWESOME! KEEP YOUR FAITH AND YOUR DETERMINATION!!!!
Jen...Wow is right...what an experience. God has great things in store for you and many more opportunities to come. Keep sharing, Jen.
Love you,
Pam
Mother Muffy...checking in. Had a little Muffy gathering, even let the most perfect husband's in the world attend...Well, actually mine cooked for us, so guess we had to let him come. We played a wild and crazy game, actually it was just a simple board game but with wine and muffy's, everything becomes wild and crazy. How blessed we are to have each other and all our Muffets...what great things are happening to all of you in 2008. It's shaping up to be a Great Year! Keep on dancin' girlfriend....it will be boat time soon!!!! This makes me laugh, because we were really having to plan in 4/07 of how we would get you on the boat....now, you will beat us down the gang plank...we won't make you carry the cooler. Pick a date, I know I have to get on your calendar way in advance now. Thank GOD for you, for your support, for all the people that open doors for you so that you run thru.....Hugs to you ...gaylin aka MM
Oh my I am so jealous Jen! Obama is my man! I get so emotional when I read your blog I feel like you are my daughter! Great job, you are wonderful!
wasn't expecting to see that Photo, that is really cool. It is so cool read your progress--you have guts young lady!
Hey Jenny,
I haven't commented in a while although read your blog daily. What a wonderful opportunity to have actually met Obama "up close and personal"!
We are blessed to have so many people in your corner and cheering you on..I was thinking today that it is almost March '08 and just one year ago we started this trip with you..what will the next year bring?
As always..we only wish we were closer and could be with you more often. Looking forward to our next trip to Dallas!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment