Sunday

The Pilates Engagement

For the best information of the weekend, my brother proposed to his wonderful girlfriend of a year and a half Friday evening! We are so happy for them and can't wait for the big day. This next year will be our year to have nothing but smiles and laughter. Pilates was wonderful! I'm going to let my brother, Matthew fill you in on this portion as he has a perspective that only he can express:
Yes, it's true! I gave Christy a ring this weekend and I couldn't wait to do it. She means the world to me and is the most amazing and beautiful women ever. Early Friday evening I was talking to Jen about my proposal and she said "the cool thing is right now you have a girlfriend and tomorrow you'll wake up with a fiancé." That was powerful and exciting. I love her very much!

Saturday night, Christy, Jen, Nick, Matthew #2 and myself, went out to dinner to celebrate and had a great time. We really regret our families weren't here with us but we will see them very soon.

So, today was Jen's Pilates seminar. For those who are wondering what this event is, I'll explain it by saying that it involves roughly 50-60 seasoned instructors from all over the world that gathered this weekend to share ideas and thoughts dealing with the art of Joseph Pilates. There were several instructors that have worked with some A-list people, including Madonna and Sting—pretty impressive.

A few learned from Joseph himself. Jen's instructor and good friend, Donna, is a great teacher. She and Jen had their own room today to display some of the exercises and poses that they've been working on over the last few months.

Jen was incredible. A women who was watching said Jen had better form than some of her clients of two or three years! Another lady asked "she has prosthetic legs!?" The machine they work out on is called a cadillac reformer and allows you to focus on all parts of the body especially the core. This thing is very innovative and now I can see how Jen has that six pack.

After three or four exercises Jen took a short break to tell her story to the people in the room and she did so very well. It was yet another reason that makes me so proud to sit in the same room and say that's my sister. She would talk liberally throughout the session and several questions were asked to which she answered with confidence and strength.

I told her tonight that all that she has gone through has miraculously allowed her to express herself more comfortably than I've ever seen in the past. The whole event was very cool and we did take some good pics of Jen working out with Donna.

Donna told the people in the room that "Jennifer has changed my life." That was really special to hear, and the closeness they have through Pilates and just life in general is something that they will both treasure forever.

Family and friends, I am tired and worn out from a busy weekend and it's time I get some shuteye. Remember, anything is possible with faith and love.

Godspeed,
Matthew

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone-
I keep up with your blog regularly and did not expect to see this this morning! Congratulations and good job with the seminar!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the lovebirds and great job Jen. So glad to hear a wonderful weekend was had by all. S&S

Anonymous said...

wow! i can't wait to talk to you about the pilates this week jen & to matthew about the engagement..i only got to talk to him and christy for a few minutes because everyone was so busy. talk to you really soon.

Marilyn and Randy said...

Matt we are soo very happy for you and Christy and feel blessed to have her in our family! This is such good news and so well deserved for all! Jen..sounds as if your Pilates demonstration went well..wish we could have been there but you know we were there in spirit! Thanks to WALT for getting you connected to the amazing Donna and the help this exercise has given to you! As I said before, 2008 will be a great year..and you are right, we have no where to go but UP!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Matt and Christy! So Matt is going to lock down as he referred to it seveal years ago. It is a wonderful thing Matt! I am so happy you found the right girl. As always Jen I am so proud of you! Love, Shannon