Anyway, on a non-sports related issue, I wanted to thank the Dallas Morning News and the Park Cities People for such a great week. I enjoyed meeting you all and I truly thank you for allowing me to share my story in hopes of helping others.
I have received so many e-mails from people expressing their sweet thoughts in addition to telling me their story. I titled this post "We Are All in This Together" because after the experience this week and all of the e-mails and comments I have received, it's so clear.
We all reach out to someone or something for comfort or to fulfill a need. Just remember a person may not be in your life just for you—it may be for them. Give a piece of yourself. Even if it's for 5 minutes. We need a piece of everyone around us, whether we know it or not.
One question that I have been asked a lot this week is how I stay so positive or have the outlook that I have. The easy answer is that it's just all a mind set. But, the real answer is that I have a lot of support, I have had several angels step into my life, I have accepted my situation, and I really really want to be happy—no matter the obstacles.
I of course, have my days and have moments that I question. But, before this happened, I was always a believer of the power of energy and tried to surround myself with people who had a good attitude about life and who could laugh at things they do—not take their self too seriously.
Then, when I became sick, I think everyone who knew me established that energy between them and it started to snowball into prayers across the country. I just recently found out that I had a prayer list going in third world countries. I am praying for them everyday, I guess it just proves that we are all in this together.
Love,
Jen
P.S.
The most obvious thing that keeps me going is that I am alive. Being able to experience things like my husband's voice or hear family say they love me, is the gift that the mystery above has given me. That is a much bigger gift than having hands or feet. I can still walk and do things, but do it just a little bit differently than you do. :)

11 comments:
Hi-
I read a newspaper story on your whole situation the other day and just wanted to say that I thought it was marvelous!! Time for me to get off my fat butt and stop being lazy!! I just might try this pilates jazz!!
You are in our thoughts and hearts every minute of every day..we are so proud of you Jenny..looking forward to seeing you Thursday and being with you this weekend. You are loved so much and give so much to so many..through all of the darkness we can see your light shining so strong and bright..you lead the way for your family, friends and others who just need hope. Sleep well sweetheart..
Mom
Hey Sweet Jen,
Mother Muffy checking in.....just to say you have my 5 minutes and I love you so much.....
gaylin
Jen,
The snowball is still rolling! You give me energy, inspiration, and a different way to look at people and situations every day! I love you...Mart
Not sure about the Pilates though! I will try alot..but I will let you go that alone. So proud of you!!
Jennifer,
Hey I am always so excited when you put out a new post!!!! Fabulous as usual alway so inspiring and you make everything sound so easy...I know it is a lot of hard work but you just make life sound so easy..That is why I love you and always feel as if I have been touched by a Angel when I am around you...Just wish it could be more often!!!!
I love the things that your mom always writes it make me cry every time...What wonderful parents you have and they are so lucky to have you for a daughter. Love you Randy and Marilyn!!!!!
Jill
Hi Jen,
It's been a while since I've posted, but of course you're always in my thoughts. Paige and I are so proud of all you have accomplished, and can't wait to see all that is in store for you in the coming years. We feel so lucky to know you and wish you the best, as always.
Love- Nick Hess
I read your article in the paper this weekend and have been amazed at your story. What a wonderful and miraculous recovery you have had! May I ask, what is the great 'mystery' that you refer to several times in your posting?
Hey Jen...The article was great and as always your enthusiasum overwhelms me. Love all the new posts, love you and love your family. You are a blessed bunch!!
Pam
Looking at your blog tonight and watching the counter..it shows that over 100,000 hits have been made on your blog and is now starting over at 07. Amazing..so many people seem to read but don't post..I am sure you wonder about that..but keep on putting your thoughts and progress in words..you help so many and so many are behind you! Keep on keeping on Jen!
Jen - We will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for you. S&S
Jenny, Dad and I will leave for Dallas in the early afternoon and see you before your surgery on Friday morning. One more hurdle..but with your amazing spirit and strength I am sure it will go well. As S&S said..we will be with you.
See you soon,
Love, Mom
Post a Comment