Tuesday

Some Thoughts

I just got to bed and decided to play on the computer a bit. I have found such great websites. By the way, for those who don't know Gladys from the Ellen show, you have to watch this video below. She is the most honest, funny and refreshing person. Push the play button on the YouTube window. One of Gladys' best quotes: "I love Jesus, but I drink a little."



Speaking of honest and funny, I highly recommend seeing Juno. Such a great flick. The honesty of the characters is something you don't find anymore. There were people sitting in the aisle it was so crowded. I am a huge movie buff and that is one thing I can still do with no problems. :)

So, I really just feel like venting a bit so here it goes. Why do grocery stores (ahem, Target) have motorized carts when they never work. Honestly, it's ridiculous. Every now and then I may need one in the event my legs are tired. But, they never work. Next time your out, take a look at them and see if the are even plugged in. You might as well bring your own scooter to ride through the store. They should just have a drive through, might be a lot faster.

Why are we so aware of what Britney Spears & Paris Hilton are doing (or not doing), but we aren't aware of what the person next to us is doing?

Also, why s my old car company asking me if I want to extend my warranty. Hello? I sold that car 5 months ago. The Dallas Morning News calls today giving me a great rate. I said hi and was pleasant and then shared the following "we are already customer, have been for some time now, please check your membership list before calling."

Why do people park in handicap spots when they don't, in any way shape or form, fit that description. I love to see the occasional fake limp, that is my favorite. If you really need the spot, just give me a ring and I'll get you a great spot anywhere you need to go.

Okay, and lastly, I have to ask about living in an IKEA store. Have you seen this guy. He is a comedian living in IKEA for a week while his place is fumigated. Cool for him. He gets free rent, meets new people, creates free advertising for them, etc. I'm just waiting for someone to come up with a reason why they need to live on an airline and get free travel. :)

Am I done venting you ask? Yes, but, I'm asking you to pay attention to details that may be important to others and try something completely out of the ordinary without holding back. It's good for the soul.

Love,
Jen

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jennifer,
I think I'm probably your earliest viewer every day (6-7am) and still really enjoy your notes of wisdom and humor and comments about everyday life.
It all makes me think about my daily life and just gets me off to a good start everyday.
Keep on living life to the fullest and know I think of and pray for you daily. I have told Shannon that I would love to meet you someday; until then will continue to know you through your writings. Have a great day!! Nina W.

Anonymous said...

HA! That vid was hilarious!!!! Good post!!! A.P.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen---I have seen Gladys---she is so FUNNY. I go to a little target--by town east--will certainly check it out---Next time--ask for the manager--tell him your concerns--maybe they will do something about it. What bugs me--are grocery carts wheels--that are so messed up you can not push them--among many other things! Checking in with you dear--you sound great--Maybe we all need to complain a little bit more--we might get some good results. Love and a Hug---kathy

Anonymous said...

Read the article about you in the Park Cities paper..it really moved me and wanted you to know that I will be following you and your progress. My hope is that you will touch as many people in some way, as you did me. We never know how we will react to anything until tested..and you my dear, have been tested. Kudos to you and all who have traveled with you!

Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I read an article in the P.C. paper and thought it was GREAT! I'm looking forward to continue reading about your "story"! ~Jodi

Melissa said...

Jen-
You are such an inspiration. Your wisdom and insight is awesome. I am still thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
Tell your Mom, Dad, and Nick hello for me. I enjoy hearing the strength in what you write.
Melissa F. (MCD)

Anonymous said...

I read your whole blog from April forward..it took me several hours and had to reread to figure out who the Matthews were and who the Muffy's were and who this guy named Walt was, I think I have it straight! Wow Miss Jen, you have quite a support system..wonderful people to be in the circle of a wonderful woman. I read what the nurse said early on in your fight for life..she is and was amazing..how blessed you were to have her. I will continue to follow your progress..please keep all of us up to date..you will find a way to live your life with meaning..of that I am sure. The article in the paper was so inspiring..I thank you for letting all of us learn what challenges and the "great mystery" is all about.

Peace to you and yours..

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey There Sweetie - I don't know what happened to my favorites link to your blog, but the one I had didn't have any updates from you since 12/30 ;( Anyway, I've been working all evening (crappy Sat. night, huh?) and when I was done I decided to check the DMN website to see what's been going on in the world...that's when I was struck by an image on the front page that looked just like you ;) (So, I've hopefully save a new link to your wonderfully insightful musings!)

Gladys is my hero and I hope to be just like her as I gracefully age (HA!) And, I have a story about those awful motorized carts to share: A few years ago, Lisa and Eric needed to use them at the same time (Lisa due to a foot illness, Eric due to dropping a trailor -- yes a BIG trailor -- on his foot...don't ask ;) ) Anyway, they were at Walmart and didn't even get halfway down one aisle when both carts ran out of juice. So, there they were...both unable to walk and stuck on dead carts in the middle of Walmart in the middle of the night. I'm surprised they didn't call me to come rescue them (help me, Mom!)

And, how lazy and inconsiderate can people be to use handicapped parking spaces when they don't need them?!? That's always been one of my pet peeves.

You continue to be one of my greatest inspirations and I can't wait to see you back at BL!

Peace my friend,
Diane

Anonymous said...

WoW Jennifer!!!!!! Great article
All I can say is how proud I am to say that I am friends with such a special person...You are of great inspiration to everyone around you and for that you should feel so good about yourself and know that God has givin you a very important job is amazing..
You are one of Gods angels Jennifer..
I Love you!!
Jill

Anonymous said...

That article was so good and you look so beautiful. You are embarking on your new path in life. Get ready for the ride. (I need to find another word) - but will say it again - you are absolutely AMAZING! I second what Jill said you are one of God's angels. I felt it the first time I walked into your hospital room. He has big plans for you. I am so blessed to be your friend and learn so many awesome things from you. Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
This is Jackson. I like the picture where you put on your "polish." I had my mom read the story to me and I liked it. Tell Matthew hi. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
I read an article that listed this "diary" online and thought I'd give it a shot! Leaving a comment is a big deal on a BLOG is a big deal for people my age! The story was wonderful and it was so moving! Great job, keep up your good work!

Anonymous said...

Jen - Loved both atricles this weekend. We have spent so many months talking about your inner beauty and strength, but I must say you looked amazing in the Dallas Morning News article. Wow! Kudos to you girl and I can't wiat for our "date" tonight. S&S

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration. I live in Houston and got hooked on Merritt's blog while home visiting in Dallas. That is how I found your blog. My Mom died in August 06 and I feel sorry for myself everyday, you have inspired me to stop dwelling and start living again. Thank you and your attitude is contagious!! SBB

Anonymous said...

Jen,
What a story! I agree with you about the carts and handicap parking. Due to surgery I was confined to a wheelchair last yeat for 3 months and then limited walking for a few more months after that. I went to a Target Super Store and got all the way to the back of the store and the cart ran out of juice. My wife had to get an employee to find another one that worked and bring it back to me. And handicap parking is another huge sore spot for me; I was always very sensitive about the subject even before I needed one. Last week I was at a QT and the delivery van for a very well known floral shop pulled into the other handicap space and walked in; now if this guy is a delivery person he can't be handicapped. Last night we went to the symphony at Century II and when we came out there was a car parked in the access lane and I almost couldn't get into my car. Its a real experience. I work downtown and it is amazing the number of people to park illegally blocking ramps.
Good luck to you keep up your spirits.