My husband and I just celebrated our 1st year of marriage on Sunday. I feel like we need to be in counseling for "how not to take on so much in the first year", ha! It was a real treat to realize what we have been through and to think how lucky we feel to be together. Never underestimate the power of strength and love in the bad times. There is always a rainbow on the other side.
I dropped my cell phone today getting out of my car. Big deal? In the scope of things no, however, I tried to pick it up (after it was in pieces) and realized that I couldn't. It was early in the morning and I only had a 1/2 cup of coffee so, I decided to cry. All was better after my friend saved and helped me. :)
As the day went on I snapped out of it, drank more coffee, and found things to laugh about. What this made me realize was that we all need to let go of the things that we think are so important but really aren't. Life is too short. Don't get discouraged or upset about things that really don't add value. Only take to heart things or people that you respect or have a real connection to.
Our emotions and understanding will be so much better for our heart. Keep up the good work for paying it forward. Something special is out there for someone. My aunt did a great thing and it really made me smile.
Love,
Jen
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Thanks for also pointing out the mood-boosting and healing properties of COFFEE! Hee hee.
Okay, so I won't try to call you on your cell. Sorry, I couldn't resist. You are so good to remind us to let go of the things that do not really matter. Miss you and hope your day is better today. S&S
Ditto; no one could have expressed it better. There are too many beautiful people out there to enjoy. We don't want to miss any of them. Judy
But, Jen, sometimes it's okay to give ourselves permission to cry over a broken cell phone because that's not what we're really crying about....
sometimes we can't see how bright that rainbow is without a little bit of rain to wash some of the other stuff away!
I love you,
N-
Congratulations. I wish the best to both of you.
Hi Jen, its your Uncle Randy on Martha's screen name. I have been thinking about your Pay It Forward post that you had on last week. I like the idea of trying to help someone and I was wondering what can I do. Two days ago at work I was on my way to the bathroom and as I went thru the stockroom I passed a girl moving parts from one cart to another. Since this is her job I didnt think much about it and just said Hi and went about my way. On my way back she was gone and there on the floor was what looked like a dollar bill folded up. Of course I picked it up, and when I unfolded it, I was looking at a 100 dollar bill. No one was around, and I heard that old Jersey Devil in one ear telling me to keep the money. Who will know? All of a sudden in the other ear I hear the voice of you Jen. You told me that if I didnt find out who the money belonged to you would put a Pop Knot on my head big enough to high center a jeep. I went thru the stockroom and found the girl who was there when I first passed by. I asked her how her money was today and she said fine. She said she had about 117 dollars in her pocket and I asked her if I could see it. Of course she looked at me kind of strange, but everyone at work does that to me, and she started digging in her pocket. She was short 100 dollars and that when I pulled out the bill I found and gave it to her. Of course she freaked out and could not stop thanking me.I told her I was just trying to do the right thing and for her to do something good to someone else. Jen you were right about one thing,it really felt good to give her that money. I have been out there for 29 years and I have never found any money. I guess this was some kind of a test Jen, and with your help I think we passed. Hope all is good down Texas way, love Randy.
Jen - Just wanted you to know that you have helped me find my faith again. I was raised religious, lost my way and over the last 6 months my faith has been coming back. How amazing is that. Thank you
Can't use my name and you know why. This has become the only way I can keep up with your progress and ease my mind that you are okay. I am so proud of you. Happy Anniversary to you and Nick. Keep posting your progress. HINT:I was the other one with you from the beginning of your journey in the hospital.
Post a Comment