Wednesday

Happy Halloween

So I was going to tell you a few Halloween jokes. But, as I got to really reading them I realized that they are all pretty bad. Anyone have any good jokes? I had few Bush jokes but didn't want to get into politics on a day like this. :)

Since my last post, I have had a few new experiences while meeting new people. I do feel blessed to wake up everyday with the feeling of support. I honestly don't know what it would be like if I didn't have that. Because I have so much support, I have developed a communication with friends that really has helped me to grow.

That being said, I wanted to share with you, a common question that I get. Last night I was at dinner with a friend and the waitress kept glancing at my hands, as if thinking "how is she going to eat". My friends ask me if things like that bother me. I know I have touched on this before, but it all comes from within. I am human, so of course I have moments.

The thing that I have built strength on (besides family, love and support) is that I am still the same person I always have been, I just have a "story" now. This is who I am and I don't have a choice to not figure things out. I feel proud, at times, that I have fought so hard to stay alive and get to where I am today. We never know what someone has gone through or where they are going. I know and understand why people want to look. It's human nature and its the psychology of who we are.

However, if we choose to focus on the looks then it will bring you down. I have more important things to focus on during my day than a 30 second glance. Just remember that we all have a story and we can pay it forward emotionally as well. Things you do or say can really affect the next person because we don't know there story. Take time with people before we judge.

Have a great day, have fun with the kiddos, eat lots of candy and wear a costume it's good for the soul.

By the way, I am considering going as an amputee with my "Vote for Pedro" shirt. What do you think? :)

Love,
Jen

8 comments:

Shelley said...

A quick joked I heard from my 4 year old this morning..... How do you make a kleenx dance?....... Put a little boogie in it!

Your words inspire me Jenny. Much love to you!!

Shelley

Martha said...

Hi Jen its your Uncle Randy. Not a joke but an idea I always wanted to try for Halloween. You put a box over your head, glue an alarm clock and a nite lite on it. What are you? A one nite stand.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen---You always make my day--! We had 160 trick or treaters last night--all of them adorable and so polite. Tom gave a little boy about 4 years old an almond joy---and he looked up at him with a sad face and said--"I already have one of those"---so they traded--he got a kit-kat. Have fun with your Mom-Grandma-Martha--this weekend---With you all the way----Love and a Hug-----Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen you are so right. The older I get the more I realize how shallow and petty we can all be sometimes. Do so many of the things I have worried about and wasted energy on really matter?Life is awesome the lessons we learn each day. Because of my kids I have made some great friends - people I don't have a lot in common with but are neat people. It is so cool to leave your little box and meet new people that are totally different from you. I hope to continue to encounter new and different people from myself. I love your thoughts. Keep them coming. Dane and Jackson said hello and to tell Little Matthew hi and hope he had fun last night. Love ya, Shannon

Anonymous said...

Jen, Great thoughts! I'm always eager for the next Jen "ism". You're the best and bring out the best in all of us who read the blog. I can't share any jokes right now- they are a bit risque for the www. Love you! Judy

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I just wanted to tell you how inspirational your words are. You really help all of us put our lives and what is truly important in perspective. I'm not sure if you have started a book yet, but I know it could be a best seller. Your words of wisdom should be heard....you have done a wonderful job of helping make this world a better place. Love, Whitney Aguirre

melindawaskow said...

Hi Jen, it was so nice to see you again at mimis's today! I have been thinking about you since the day we met. I just got done reading your entire blog and your story is one that touches me very deeply. I knew the 1st time that we met God had much greater plans for you. Your life journey has just begun and i hope and plan on continuing to watch it unfold through contact with you and your blog. You have such wonderful family and friends and your amazing strength has touched more people than you will ever know. You will continue to be an inspiration to many people and i will continue to pray for you and your family.
Love Melinda

ps. you look beautiful and your husband sounds like a truly amazing man

pss. my secretary today is my son matt hahaha =P

Anonymous said...

Vote for Pedro! Haha! Love you sis, you are awesome.