Thursday

Thanks Once More

I can hardly believe it will be a week tomorrow since the Broadlane luncheon and auction for Jen. It was so wonderful to have the chance to meet many of the people she has talked about and very humbling to experience such generosity. We had such a fun day and are still talking about it all of the time!

The week has been busy as usual. We have continued to research the best options for Jen long term and it seems as if Nick and she are close to making the right decision. Ryan came yesterday for 10 days and will be filling in as her "personal assistant" as I have just returned to Wichita for a few days. I have already talked to them both and it seems as if they are doing fine without me! :) I plan to return early next week and am hopeful that we will be moving forward with the more permanent prosthetics.

Today, the ladies golf group at Bentree, invited Jen to lunch so they could all meet each other and it was a great time. Cecile and Ann were of course on hand and made sure all went smoothly.

Kirsten, another long time frind of Jen's will be coming by the house to spend time with her tomorrow. She brought some great meals to freeze and have for the days ahead. It is so thoughtful and Jen is excited to have the time with her to catch up.

All for now...just checking in, but I am sure we will have bigger news soon. Just wanted to say say thank you again for all of the selfless acts of love and kindness that have come our way. I wish there were the right words to express how we all feel and how truly grateful we are.

Look forward to all of the new posts...wasn't that amazing from Betty in Louisiana? How special!! Jen is going to keep posting at least once or twice a week to keep everyone updated on her progress.

Thank you to everyone!

Love,
Marilyn

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, A big hi from Wichita. It sounds like things are going your way. Keep enjoying what each day brings . You have wonderful friend and family support. Hugs to everyone in Dallas that makes each day a good one for you. Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time at home Marilyn. You deserve it! You are such a wonderful support to Jen and Nick. What a great example of a family you all are to so many. Jen, we miss you. We will have to get that next outing planned soon. S&S

Anonymous said...

Jen, just checking in to see what's new!!!! I hope you have a great time talking with Kirsten, it was so sweet of her to bring food!!!!
I hope you have a great weekend and I will talk to you soon.
Keep up the good work,
Love you, Jill F

Anonymous said...

Jen, I've only been here for a day and a half and I'm already have a blast with you! Your motivation is amazing...keep going strong!

Anonymous said...

The two things we could not live without. Thanks again for all of the support for Jen and our family. You mean the world to all of us.

Martha said...

Hi Guys!! Sounds like Ryan is doing a fabulous job of filling in for Marilyn. It's great that you guys can spend alot of one on one time before Ryan has to go back to KU. Mom has a big weekend planned for us with Steve visiting. Somehow it all revolves around food!! It will be fun to see him. Randy and I are going to the lake this evening and see if we can't catch a few. Our freezer is pretty empty so let's hope we can refill it for one of those famous fish frys! Say hi to Mini Matt and Nick for me. I miss you tons!! Got to see Judy and Bills new home yesterday...you will love it. Talk to you soon, LOVE YOU, Martha

diane hutson said...

Hiya Jen - Everyone at Broadlane was sooo excited to see you again!! Even a week later we're still buzzing about it. You looked so cute in your new haircut and typical Jen-cool outfit. I really enjoyed meeting the rest of your family and all the great friends that accompanied you. My goodness, your entourage would make a rock star jealous!

Marilyn - I was honored to have finally met you and want to let you know what a hero you are. As hard as it may be to believe, not every mom would be as "there" as you are. Jen has been truly blessed with a wonderful mom (and dad!) and I know she knows it.

God bless all of you.

Luv,
Diane