Hi all! I hope everyone has had a good week so far. I have had a really busy but positive week.
Nick and I have made our decision on prosthesis and we are going to Oklahoma City :) We are really happy to be moving forward and to see what is yet to come. We have an appointment this coming Monday for a new fitting and new socket. We really feel that this is a place that can provide us with the newest and best technology. :)
We also went to Fossil Rim this week in Glen Rose, TX. For those who aren't familiar, this is like a safari in Texas. We drive our car through a guided road and see animals from all over. The animals come up to the car and we feed them. It was such a great time. We saw giraffes, zebras, deer, eagles, water buffalo, ostrich, emus, and a lot of other roaming animals that actually stick their heads in passing cars to get their grub on!
Ryan and I have had a great time this week. Since he's 6'3" he can lift me with ease and can just toss me into the passenger seat! We've rented movies, eaten out, played chess, and Ryan even uses Matthew's electric scooter to zoom to CVS for my scripts!
Charlotte and Beth at rehabilitation have really been pushing me to get my coordination and strength back. I've had to learn how to balance on my knees while randomly pushing me at different directions to improve my reaction time.
They are really keeping me on my toes, no pun intended! I'll post more later this weekend.
Love,
Jen
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
We are so proud of you and we cannot wait for you to achieve this next milestone in your recovery. There are so many people who continue to be inspired by your strength and outlook. Keep amazing us all Jen. We have come to expect nothing less. S&S
Hey Jenny...I am so glad to be back with you all but also happy that you have done well with Ryan as your assistant! I was talking to your dad tonight and we both continue to be amazed at our daughter's strength and spirit! How proud we are of you! We have had quite a day haven't we? The incredible people we have met on this journey are priceless..what a story we will have to tell one day. Dad is looking forward to coming to see you this weekend..sleep well and have wonderful dreams about what the future holds for you.
I love you,
Mom
How wonderful Jen that you will be moving forward with you Journey!! I will keep praying for your strength..Can't wait to be with you again soon!!!!
Marilyn, You and Randy are great parents and are such loving people. Jen is so lucky so have a family that loves her so dearly...
I love and miss you all
God be with you,
Jill F
P.S. KEEP ROCKIN!!!!!
Hi Jen
This is my first time to leave a comment. I am Scott's Mom, Judy, and I am so touched by your journey
and all of the stories that S & S have shared with me. It is my hope and desire to someday meet you and your family. Know that you are in my prayers.
I am Randy Spence's mother. I know your parents through Randy and Vicki. I have been following your "journey" from the beginning, and I can't begin to tell you what an inspiration you all have been to me and so many others to whom I have shared your story. You have been on my church's prayer list from the beginning. I print out your updates and post them in our "Prayer Works" room. I will be looking forward to reading your book when you share your story in the future. You really do have a story to tell. You could just publish this journal. (I never heard of "blog" before all this). Dorman and I pray for you and your family daily as we truly believe in the power of prayer. We pray that you can remain strong, both physically and in your faith, humor, and love. Marian Farmer
HI Jen- Sounds like the sky is your only limit. Keep soaring above! Love you, Judy
Hi Jen - I met your grandmother's friend Barbara Williams yesterday. I was telling someone at Barbara's church about my upcoming trip to Dallas to see my friend. To make a long story short she knew about you and said we have been praying for Jenny for months. My mom was also talking to someone at her work about my Dallas trip and you and the lady said we prayed for her last night. The power of prayer is amazing and awesome. You have many, many people praying for you at many different churches here in Wichita and I am sure many other cities. All of these people are in awe of your determination and spirit. I think you have a job as a motivational speaker! We are all so blessed to know you and have you in our lives. Keep up all your work. I can't wait to see all your progress. Love ya, Shannon
The ostrich was hilarious Jen! Stuck his head right in your window! Good going.
Hi Jenny and Family--Thinking of you and glad you had fun looking at the animals. Sure hope all goes well in Oklahoma City--and look forward to reading your blogs after your trip. Keep the faith sweet one--Love and a hug--kathy
Mother Muffy checking in...what a thrill it was to talk with you today! I am so excited to hear of your trip to OKC and your new legs.
6 degrees...you never know who your story will inspire, what your smile will mean to someone today or your strength will make someone's day or who you will lift up. I know so many people will lift you up again in prayer and that I will be with you in spirit next Monday.
Tell those Dallas girls that I will be there in September. I love you so...like my own. Will see you soon, give Nick and family a hug for me today. Love, gaylin
Hi Jen! It was great talking with you today. With the busy week you had, I don't know how you sounded so full of energy! So many fun things happened this week. I am glad you and Nick have made your decision on prosthetics. From what I have heard, Oklahoma City sounds like a great place for you to begin this exciting phase of your recovery. I know you will have a wonderful weekend with your whole family visiting. Can't wait to see all the changes when I get back over Labor Day. I miss you and all the wonderful people in Dallas. Give my love to Nick and Mini-Matt. Talk to you soon.
Mart
Good Morning Jen and Marilyn,
I am so glad that you both enjoyed getting a little pampering on Friday. I think I should start using Johnna since she will give you more than an hour massage.I could tell how relaxed you felt when you were finished getting your massage and your face looked great.Maybe when Mother Muffy and Martha comes down we could all go to a larger Spa and treat ourselves to some treatments. What do you think about Gaylin and Martha? I you miss you girls. Glad I will me here when you make it back to Dallas.
Jen, I am so pleased you and Nick have chosen the location for your next step to independence. I know that you both have put many hours, thoughts and prayers into your decision. You will be in all of our prayers this week (as every other week) that the doctors will have you walking into your house on your return to Dallas. Keep me posted.
Look forward to seeing you Saturday night.
Love,
Cecile
Post a Comment