So happy it's Saturday. I just got back from a great ride with Nick to get breakfast and am looking forward to hanging out with my brother, Ryan, today.
As mom said below, I had lunch at Bentree this week and had such a great time. I was so happy to be able to thank everyone for the wonderful support they have given to Nick and I. I feel so blessed that we have such amazing people around us.
I had a great visit yesterday from my high school friend and college roomate, Kirsten. We chated for hours and swapped pictures of our families. Lots of fun and laughs.
My dad's sister has sent me copies of The Godfather movies as I have never seen them (can you believe that??). So I am getting caught up on them. What a great flick.
Little Matthew will be with us for 2 weeks, starting today, so we are really looking forward to that. He has been such a trooper through all of this and has always put a smile on my face.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll write early next week.
Love,
Jen
Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
When did you have time to take up a new langauge? Kidding. I am at the office today, as I will be most of the weekend, but I am staring at pitures of you. I wish I could come down to see you this weekend. So glad to hear that you will have little Matthew for an extended time. Nothing is better for the soul than a child's smile. I wish I could bottle that feeling it creates inside and give it away to people. Prior to my lessons from you, I would have said and sell it so I could be a millionaire. Thanks for that. Back to work. S
HOLA HERMOSO UNO!!!!!!
See if you can translate that. I am sooo glad you are having a good time with Ryan and happy to hear you had fun with Kirsten..I am counting down the days when I come back to Dallas. Hope you are feeling good and getting some time to relax and watch the Godfather movies.
Take care of yourself and have a good time with little Matthew....
Love you, Jill F
Dear Jen and Nick,
I feel terrible that we haven't written in so long. There are no excuses except that this move has totally consumed us. We really hope that it won't be long until we can all get together. We are so proud of you and continue to be amazed by your strength and courage.
By the way,Jen,I was shocked that you hadn't seen "The Godfather" movies at least 100 times as we (the DeVasto clan, of course) have. Now you know why your dad continues to be such an important part of our "family"--besides the food, he was given an offer he just couldn't refuse!!
We continue to send all of our positive thoughts and energy to you and your family. We love you! See you soon...The Spences
Hi Jen Ben, Los saludos mejor amigo!!
Good to chat with you ysterday. You lead a much more exciting life than me. You are always out and about. Are you sure Ryan can keep up with you? Can't wait to come back to Dallas at the end of the month. More bouncing on that tramp in the backyard. Have a good weekend and tell Matthew hello from me. Love ya, Shannon
Hi Jen, I love the bi-lingual flair to the blog. I am fluent in Spanish as well. My words include bano, fiesta, cerveza & margarita; That's all I need to know to get around! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Matthew always adds a spark to your life. I know good things are ahead for you and I can't wait for you to tell your story this week. It's such a treat to get your twist on this life. Love you! Judy
Hi Miss Jenny.......I wish I knew Spanish but at times according to my co-workers and friends they still think I speak a foreign language just because of the Texas accent. Which by the way, I really don't have anymore.
I know you are having a great time with Ryan. It is wonderful that he could come and spend time with you.
Love you
Margene
Hi Jen!! We had a fun weekend with your Mom, Dad, Steve, Don and Grammy. There is never enough time to fully catch up, but we had some good visits most of which were around the dinner table. Whew!! Your Mom tells me you and Ryan are getting along famously, never a dull moment with the two of you. Sarah was home this past weekend, she went back to Manhattan on Sunday. Sam and a friend took off for Lawrence today. They are just spending the night and will be back in time for work tomorrow. Give Mini-Matt a hug for me. I am anxious to hear what you have been up to this past week. I will not attempt Spanish, as you know what happened the last time I tried..Mucho Gracias. Love and miss you tons!! Give my love to Mr. Nick and all the gang in Dallas. Talk to you soon!!
Martha
Are you listening to Spanish tapes in your spare time??? Glad Ryan and Matthew are with you for a while, we're sure they will keep you in stitches.
Give our love to you sweet Mom.
Love - The Blackmans
Jen - I have been off the blog for awhile and am pleased to read about your continued successes and blessings. I was happy to have Martha visit me at market this weekend to share all of the great things happening in your life. Looks like God continues to answer prayer and provide distinct direction for you. I'm somewhat out of it in today's world - I don't know Spanish. I think if I ever needed to take an interpreter to Mexico with me I would take Judy. Looking forward to my next blog visit. Patty
Post a Comment