Hi all!!!!!!! I am actually typing this one myself. I practiced yesterday for a bit and got so excited when I found out that I can type (never mind that it takes 20 mins. for a few sentences-ha). As my mom said, we are so happy to be home. I started outpatient rehab this morning and it went great. The therapists are really going to be good. The gym has bikes and treadmills so I can get back into the swing of things. We also found great resources for sport activities so that I can lead a pretty normal life.
The challenges that I am going through are ones that I never thought I would be experiencing. However, without the love and support of all my friends and family, this would be the hardest road of all. I have honestly found who my true friends are and even reconnected with some that I never should have let get away. I love you all. Mom, Nick and my family, thanks for all that you do your the wind beneath my wings.
TALK TO U SOON. LUV, JEN.
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
Wow, Jen. You are making such progress! I read your blog every day up here in Minneapolis, and posts like this one make my day. I'm here plugging away at my desk with a big grin on my face. I'm so happy that you are home and that things are getting better. You're a real inspiration.
Leslie Plesser
(Gayla Taylor's daughter)
Way to go Jen!!!! Glad to hear that you got to write this one on your own..Keep pushing yourself and you will be able to do things you never thought possible..
I heard that song wind beneath my wings the other day and it made me think of you.
I love you, Jill F
Great job Jen..I'm sure that took alot of effort, but now you know you can do it!! Just talked to your Mom and she said PT/OT went ok today. Each visit I am sure you will learn and be able to tweek things to where you are more comfortable. I think of 3 1/2 months ago and I still can't believe you are home and watching Larry King with Nick. Look forward to the 4th and seeing you in your own environment. Stay strong Jenny! I love you, Mart
Jen and Nick
Great news to hear you are enjoying outpatients , another step.You all keep going and you have given me and all I talk to in Oz strength through both of your courage and humour. Sometimes we take ourselves so serioulsly keep laughing even through your bad times and I will be there for you. Thanks for your love and best wishes to all in the US
Love Marie
Good morning Jen--Once again--I am amazed at the things you are learning to do--Way to go! So very happy for you. I know you love being home --and having your own space--Thanks for your blog----Thinking of you sweetie--Love and a hug---Kathy P
Hi Jen.......it is me again with the same old boring news, nothing here other than it has finally stopped raining.
You are doing so good Jenny......I bet you are worn out by the end of the day but what a good feeling. Keep going Babe!!
Love you
Margene
You are amazing. Keep going girl! Love you! Shannon
Hi Jen-
I'm so happy for you that you are home and are doing well. And even typing your own email! That's awesome. You have always been a strong and determined woman which you have demonstrated throughout this entire ordeal. Love, Heather
Hey Jen,
I am just smiling ear to ear right now after reading your message. I know it has been a long road and that you still have a way to travel, but what an amazing woman you are!! You have touched so many people with your strength and courage and I am so proud of you!! Mom wanted me to tell you that she will get back in touch soon. They have finally moved to Denton and we are soooo happy to have them close. She just cries everyday when I read the blogs. You are still in our constant thoughts and prayers. We love you!! Whitney and Vicki:)
Checking in...as I do daily at least once and more....hope you are feeling stonger and sassier every day. I am so happy you are home, it's just the best to sleep in your own bed isn't it??? Keith and I were coming to perform a few handyman task next week, but must postpone, Mom is having back surgery in OKC, brother Wayne's ear implant went well, will know in a month if he can hear, just pray it works and Drew is still crutching for another 4 weeks from knee surgery, found him a cool fanny pack that he can stick things in for work. Got home from OKC at 2 this morning, slept in and now we are just enjoying a day at home, catching up on honey do's. Will keep in touch and will schedule trip soon...XXOOXXOO MM aka gl
Hi Jen - Well now, I must say I am very impressed with your new-found typing skills. I was really in awe when you explained how you dialed a phone and now look at you...typing your own blog entries. You're simply amazing!! Luv, Diane
Hey Jen...Happy 4th of July. I hope you are enjoying your family this holiday. The sun is actually shining in Oklahoma today what a surprise. Keep the messages coming so we know how you are and remember we love you. Bib says Hi!!!
Stay Strong Sweet Girl,
Pam
Hi Jen! I don't know you, but my fiance Matt Peterson worked with you at Broadlane. I just wanted you to know that we've been following your blog regularly and praying for you daily:) Your strength and determination has been a huge inspiration for me and some things I've been dealing with in my family. We're looking forward to more posts and will definitely keep you and your family in our prayers!
Bethany
Jen,
I'm blown away by the your relentless determination to overcome every obstacle. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.
Later Chane!
Tony Baldassarre
Hi Jen -
I've been out of town for a little while and was so surprised at all of the events going on! I'm so glad that you're home - you have to have broken some kind of rehab record!
You are such a wonderwoman - keep it up!
Patricia
HI Jen, Keep the momentum going! I am thinking about you and the way you have chosen to deal with your new life. Gee, what an inspiration you are to so many. Keep going strong and every day will be a challenge to look forward to. You are the best! Love you, Judy
Mother Muffy checking in....how is your day today? Just want to come down and get in the middle of everything and enjoy seeing the progress. Will see you soon, I want you to post your email again, for some reason, I can't get into it.Please....When Ryan comes down, have him take pictures and post. Keep up the good work, I know you are enjoying having Marty there...see you soon. Love to all the group, MM
Hi Sweet Jen.......Just checking in before the week-end. I know you have made another great week of unbelievable progress. Way to go girl.
Love you lots
Margene
Jen,
I just wanted you to know that I am constantly checking the blog to see how you are doing. This is the first time I have written but I just wanted you to know that I think about you every day and am so proud of you for everything you have accomplished. I miss you so much here at Broadlane. Just know you are loved and missed very much here. --- Sherrel
Hey Jen, Wanted to know how everything went this week in rehab?
Give everyone a shout on the blog to let us know whats new!!!!
I love and miss you soooo much.
Love, JillF
gahh! i'm so computer illiterate i cant ever post on the right page!! we're all rooting for you!!! CHEERS!! john
Post a Comment