Tuesday

Ditched My Crutches!

Since my last post, I have decided to walk without my crutches. I feel like a little kid but it feels so good. I walked on my own with Nick and my Dad and watching their faces made me soooo happy. I am starting to see so much that is out there and what I can do but...it's what I make of it.

Life is always a journey but, we can create an environment to make the journey special. I have learned patience, love and a little engineering, ha. :) Make everyday special and take note in the inherent beauty of all things simple.

I had a great weekend with my family. My grandmother came down with my aunt along with my uncle Steve from Chicago. I also had a special visit from from my beautiful friend Jill and her husband. I have been so lucky to have reunited with so many friends - I thank all of you for the love and support and know that I have a smile each time I hear from you.

I am also down to 3 days a week for rehab. This is great for me as I have time to get back into life and run errands with mom and Nick. I don't know what I would do without them.

I am going swimming this weekend - wish me luck as I may sink. :) I'll write again soon. Love, Jen.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will not sink. I promise!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Love, Shannon

Anonymous said...

Hey, here is that website i was talking about where i made the extra cash.. later! i'm going to cali next week..check this out

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Jen. I love you and can't wait to spend time with you in August before school starts again!!

Anonymous said...

Jen, You are more special than you will ever know!!!! The way you have taken on your new life is just a breath of fresh air.. Your hubby should be so proud to have such a wonderful women in his life. I wish the two of you all the happiness in the world, nobody deserves it more than you.
Have a great time swimming I am sure you will do great, but maybe you should wear a life jacket just in case!!!! just kidding
Love ya, Jill F

Martha said...

Well Jen...I also witnessed you walking without your crutches and I almost you know what!! I just never know what to expect when I visit. Your new haircut was really cute..and the makeup tips from Cecile and Ann looked great. I really enjoyed spending time with you, Nick, Matthew and our extended family in Dallas. It was so good to have Grammy and Steve there too. I miss you and love you. Talk to you soon, Mart

Anonymous said...

Jen- YOU are amazing, and we love to hear about all the news things that you are learning to do.

Swimming that sounds like a blast, and no sinking I'm sure.

Love - The blackmans

Heather Jacobson said...

HI Jen-awesome news about the crutches. It's always exciting to read your new accomplishments. Have a great day- Love, Heather

Anonymous said...

Jen,

You've managed to keep ya head up above so much, I'm sure that water is not gonna be problem.

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Tony Baldassarre

Anonymous said...

Jen, cannot wait to see you when I get back from Canada. you look great and I am in awe of what you have done. You are a lucky lady to have such a spectacular famiy and husband. I'll be back in the middle of August and we finally get together. Take care and keep pushing those limits!

"One cannot creep when one has the impulse to soar" - Helen Keller

Sue

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jen! You are still setting records. Down to 3 days a week for rehab? Gee whiz girl! Swimming and sun sounds good doesn't it; especially the sun part with all the rain Dallas has had. Have a blast! Judy

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen.....how proud I am of you.
Each day you amaze all of us with your accomplishments.

See you next week......can't wait.

I love you
Margene

Anonymous said...

GO JEN!