Hi everyone.I have once again recruited a new secretary,my lovely husband. We are about to eat breakfast as we update this blog. Currently my days consist of 3 hours of both physical and occupational therapy. This has been challenging yet very rewarding. Some cool things I have learned include being able to feed myself, brush my teeth and with assistance take a shower.
The therapists that I work with are amazing and my progress has been faster than expected. So much so that today I will be molded for prosthetics on my legs. The completion of this process will take at least a month.
I miss everyone and I cant wait to be out of hospital to resume spending time with the people I love. I could not have gotten this far without the support and love of everyone. Love, Jen.
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Wow Jen! Technology is a wonderful thing! I'm thrilled everything can move along so fast, but then I know you are being a very willing and enthusiastic client, which undoubtedly makes all the difference. I'm flying in the morning of Sat., June 30 so will see you then. Can't wait! love, connie
Jenny - you are awesome! Keep up the great work :)
Shelley
That is great Jen. Get ready to start doing your own blog updates, emails, etc. Nuance is sending you their voice activated Dragon software so that you can use a computer all by voice. I can't wait to see it in action.
GO WHIPPLE!!!!!!!!!!
Love you! Shannon
Jen - We can't believe the progress you are making. It is so exciting to get on the blog and read what you've accomplished. We are so very very proud of you.
Keep the FAITH!!
Much love - Doug & Nancy Blackman
I knew you were an amazing women!!!! I am so happy to here that everything is going good.. How exciting that they are doing the mold for your prosthetics...Keep strong Jen Ben and talk to you soon.
Love Ya, Jill
God Bless
Hey Jen,
Just got back from a two day trip to eastern kansas. Just what I wanted to do, after returning from Dallas. The roads were flooded and had to take several detours, but made it. Sounds as if Zale and you are getting along fine. Moe said you even answered the phone the other day! Can't wait to see you and Nick. Give my love to Moe, I miss you guys. Mart
Happy Birthday for last Staurday Jen, all the family on this side of the Pacific Ocean are thinking about you wishing you had a very happy birthday, you are our poster girl, courageous, been somewhere most of us have never been, I hope to talk to you Jen when you can come to Australia, whenever.When you come to Australia, we will do our best so that everyone has a great time, and you and your family can see whatever you want to see.We can see Sydney, & up and down the Eastern Coast and have a good time. Love Julie
Hey sweet Jen - It's so good to hear from you again. You are truly an amazing woman! I know you're going to blow those therapists away at Zale with your strength and willpower. Just look at what you've accomplished in a few days...I'm so very proud of you!
Keep up the good work and I'll see you real soon!
Diane
Jen, it was so good to see you last night. I think that every time that I see you you look stronger and stronger. Keep up the good work and you will be home sooner than you think. I know it must be very tiring at the same time it is very rewarding. Maybe one day I can interview for your secretary?????? How fast was Nick's typing? I hope he got to Bent Tre today before all the Harvey Wallbanger cake was gone. I had a bite and it really did have a good flavor (a little vodka and Galliano liquer was added to the cake mix and icing.
Please tell Marilyn and Marie that we are so glad that they cae out to the club yesterday to have chicken fried steak.
Take care of yourself and I should see you in the next few days.
Love you,
Cecile
Hey Jen.. I am finally able to get on your site. Remember: we live way out in the sticks. I have spent some time reading this and I am overwhelemed with emotion. I have kept up with your progress through my mom of course, but this is the first time I have been able to read the blog. What you and your family have been through is absolutely humbling. Through mine and Kerry's life and hardship we have both come to know God and depend on Him as a miracle worker. I truly believe that with all my heart and soul. I believed that if we could come through our pain and suffering and have the life we now have with our little boy then anything is possible. However, your experience, your journey, your courage, your endurance and faith is amazing. Every new challenge you have faced and overcome has built my faith even stronger. I know He has big plans for your life. God works through our darkness and the lowest points in our lives to bring joy, strength and happiness that we never imagined possible. You are living proof of His miracles and love and I hope you know all the lives you have touch and are continueing to touch through this journey.
Jen.. I can't wait to see you. I will be coming with my mom soon. Keep perservering and believing. You are an amazing person!!
lots of love. Misti
Post a Comment