Friday

Message From Jen

Hi everyone, it is Jen again. It was sad to leave SICU after getting to know the medical staff. However, my new room has an awesome view of downtown Dallas and is less noisy and more private. Yesterday was a busy day and provided me the opportunity to spend the entire day with Marie. I also had Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and all of my bandages changed.

The wounds are healing nicely and I should be out of hospital within the next 10-15days.I am looking forward to starting the second part of the journey in Rehab Hospital. For those in Dallas or planning to visit, my room number is 978 Building A tower north.

Love and miss you all, Jen.

17 comments:

randy said...

Hi Jen, its your Uncle Randy and I am glad to hear you are doing so good. Moving out of ICU is another step. Martha was telling about the shower you took the other day. I bet that felt really good. I am really impressed at how hard you have been working during Physical and Occupational Therapy. Keep working hard and good things will happen. I also wanted to remind every one that on June 9, next Saturday, is Jen's birthday. If all of us who have posted or read this blog were to send her a card, now that would be a good thing. Her address is Jen Griffin
Room 978
Medical City Hospital
7777 Forest Lane
Dallas Texas 75230
If you are just a blog reader, or maybe you have never met Jen and Nick, but have heard about her thru a friend. Send her a card and tell her about it. I am sure it will put a smile on her face.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen-
I was so pleased to see you sitting in your chair today and all those "hoses" gone from your body.You are a true inspiration.
Walt C

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer,
I just talked to Shannon on wednesday, I hope you have a good time with her and Jill this weekend. Tell Jill hi for me, I wish I could be there. This whole thing has made me think so much about highschool and all the crazy, fun times we had. I don't think we realized how great those times were, and how lucky we were to have such close and good friends. I will try to go through my pictures this week and make some copies for you. I know that will make you laugh. What were we thinking with the big hair, blue eyeliner, and the frosty pink lipstick(Mary Kay pearl) that Shannons Mom got us for discount. Enjoy your visit.
Amy

Marilyn and Randy said...

Hey Jenny Jen...It's mom. I am home and missing you so much. I loved reading your note and although I know it was hard to leave the nurses that were good to you, this move is a step toward getting your life back. I am so glad you had a chance to spend time with Marie and also glad that your dad is there now. Judy and Martha spent the evening with me..we sat on the deck and had a good talk. I hope to see Gram tomorrow as well as Ryan who is coming back from Lawrence. Sunday we will to to Taylor's graduation party and I will then leave for Dallas. I can't wait to see your new "digs"! Hope that PT is going well and that your pain is less overall. I love you so much..talk to you tomorrow.

Martha said...

Hey Jen, I just got an update from your Dad. He meant to call Moe, but without glasses dialed Mart instead!! It sounds like you had a super busy day. Good to hear you had a good workout with PT. I know it is easy for me to say, but each day and each little step you will get stronger. Shannon and Jill are so excited to get to visit. You may be able to get a new "do" before they leave. I can't wait to get back and lay my eyes on you again. Your Mom and Judy will be back Monday and before you know it I and whoever else can tag along will be there Saturday for your birthday. Grammy can't wait to see you. It is so nice of Jim and Judy to drive her. Uncle Steve is even going to pop in for a visit on Saturday. Marie, Nick and Matthew..Miss you guys!! Love you, Mart

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, it's Nancy Blackman and I am so please to hear about all your progress. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
I know you will make many friends and the nurses will love you as we all do in your new room. Now the hard part begins, but I know you are up for the challenges, and please know that so many people are praying for you as you face these challenges, so you are NEVER ALONE. Much love dear one.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Jen and Nick - I was selfishly glad to have Martha back in Wichita as we got to visit for a bit this morning. Martha is so proud of you. I hear you are looking for a new home to settle into after your rehab. I am going to start praying for the perfect place for you which includes not only the ideal house but also wonderful neighbors. I am looking forward to hearing of your outstanding progress in the rehab hospital. I anticipate great things happening. Patty

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
Sorry I haven't written in a while--life here just keeps interrupting!Lots of changes that I will tell you about later.
We are so proud of the progress you have made and I am sure your new surroundings will feel like home very soon. Each time I read this blog I become more inspired by your strength and courage--go forward fearlessly and remember that you are not alone.
Randy and I will soon begin a new journey in our lives that will bring us closer to you and our children. Randy has been named the new superintendent of Denton State School and with mixed emotions, we stand ready for the challenge. I am very excited about being closer to my girls and I hope I will be of help to you and your family (which I really consider my family, as well). We should be there by July 1st ready for action!! With that I leave you pondering these words,"Patience--Perserverance--Struggle." Remember that God is beside you, your captain and your helper--so tender, so patient, so strong.
God bless you and envelope you with his love, strength, and courage.

All our love,
Vicki and Randy

Martha said...

Hi Miss Jen, I hope you had a wonderful day with friends and family. It was a beautiful day in Wichita. I was so happy to see Patty at market, even though she isn't the best influence. I ended up buying two pies, one for us(an apple) and one(a rubarb..yuk) for Grammy. It is funny how Patty and I have reconnected..somewhat like you and Shannon and Jill. Right before you got sick, we began to take long walks together and could talk about whatever came to mind. Now I can't wait to give her the latest in your life. She is such a special person and provides me with such peace! Your Mom tells me you were able to go outside for awhile toay. I know the sunshine must feel wonderful. Randy and I are going to go fishing in the morning. We have had lot of rain here, but maybe we will catch a few. Sleep good and hope to talk to you tomorrow. Love to you, Nick, Marie and all my friends in Texas..Mart

Cecile Brownlee said...

Hello to Jen,Nick and the rest of the family,
I can't believe I have not seen you for almost a week. Something is wrong with that. I hope to see you Sunday sometime. I saw Ann tonight out in front of our houses (our meeting place) and she said she and Walt had been down this afternoon to see you. She said your room is so decorated that it looks like you have been in the room for weeks. I am so glad that your friends and family have made it feel like home (somewhat) for you. I hope that you had some good time with your friends today. I know being able to see longtime friends makes you feel so good. And soaking up the sunshine today must have felt great. We really did need some sunshine in Dallas. Glad you got to enjoy it
Marilyn, I hope you are able to get some rest while you are in Wichita and maybe see all your dear friends. We miss you here in Dallas and can't wait for your return. Ann and I are here to help you with whatever you need for the months ahead.
Martha, hurry back to Big "D". Hope you and Randy caught some fish on Sunday. That should be very relaxing for you and some quiet time for both of you. Tell Randy that I think his idea about cards for Jen is a super idea. I annouced it at the Thursday ladies golf day so hopefully we can help Jen have a recorded number of cards coming her way. Great idea!!!for a great Lady!!!!!!!!
See you soon...Take care and continue to have the strength and the positive attitude that you have shown all of us these past 11 weeks.
Love,
Cecile

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I hope you got your haricut yesterday. A new do can do wonders and especially make you feel good now that you can take a shower.
Loved meetig Jill and Shannon, old friends are hard to beat. Their loyalty to you speaks volumes.
Marilyn and Martha, her room looks like a mini college dorm room, there isn't a spot left on the walls to hang anything, and she does have the most terrific view of downtown Dallas.
Can't wait to see you all when you get back down here, hopefully we can squeeze in lunch one day.
Jen, you continue to amaze everyone with your strength and courage. We are the ones who feel blessed to be a part of your life and recovery. As the saying goes: "You go girl!" You are unlimited in what you can do and want to do.
You may need a larger room next week for your birthday, maybe you can take over the courtyard.
Cecile and I are in the wings to help whenever we can or are needed.
We'll see you later today.
Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

MM checking in. Well,with your move a new journey begins Drew has surgery on his knee the 20th of June and I have to take a few days off for him and then i will be down to see you. I look forward to the day you are strong enough to go to rehab. I will be down to teach you a new trick or two ! :-)during that time also Much love to you today, I miss you and I know Moe is counting the minutes that she is getting back to you. Love to you. gaylin

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny ...

My name is Maddie. My mommy, Donna, is typing this for me. My mommy says my grandma Lois is your grandma's younger sister. Your mommy and my mommy are cousins. Do you know what that means? It means we are cousins, too and we can play together! :-)

I am five years old. I have brown hair. I have brown eyes. I will send you a picture and you can keep it if you want. I made a card for you this morning. I will send it to you. I hope you like it.

What is your favorite color? Mine is blue. I'm going to Texas this summer to see my Aunt Judy. She lives in Angleton.

I hope you get out of that hospital soon. I hope you feel better. I can write you again okay?

Love
Cousin Maddie

Anonymous said...

Jen - Great seeing you on Friday in the new room. Love the view. Did you figure out who sent the card yet?

See you soon.
Cynthia

diane hutson said...

Hi sweet Jen - It was so so so good to visit with you this afternoon! You were so upbeat and talkative -- totally awesome! I hope your dad wasn't too put off by that nurse thinking I was your mom -- too funny!

You have really fought a great battle, girlie, and I know you're going to do great in rehab. You have the inner strength and all the backup a person could dream of to help you though it. I can't wait to see you again! Love ya sweetie...Diane

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, I loved seeing you this weekend!!!! You are just the most wonderful person I have ever been around and inspire me with everything you do and say.. Shannon and I wish we could be with you everyday and can't wait to plan our next visit!!! Hopefully we can stay longer next time. I just feel like the time goes by so fast when we are there.
I hope that everyone who is around you can see all of the wonderful blessing that you have given to us.. You are our ANGEL Jen and I just feel so good being near you.. Keep up the great work you are doing and I will see you in rehab!!!
With all my love and prayers,
Jill F
P.S. I loved meeting Walt and Ann they are such wonderful people, so giving and loving!!!! Tell Nick and the Fam hi and I really enjoyed seeing all of them......

Windy said...

Jen - You rock!!! You constantly amaze me. I am so blown away by your fighting spirit. You are truly an inspiration to us all. I can not wait to visit you in your new room. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers daily.