Hey guys...it's Jen! I have recruited a new secretary until Ryan returns...her name is...Mom! :) I have had a great week. On Tuesday I was told I will be moving to rehab next Tuesday. I am very excited as this is the next step in my journey! We have even been guaranteed a two room suite with a beautiful view of downtown Dallas. So, there will be lots of more space when you come to visit. Another exciting bit of news was my personal visit from Dr. Beck Weathers. For those who aren't familiar with him, he was left for dead and lost both his nose and hands as a result of a terrible accident while climbing Mount Everest. There was a television story as well as a book written about his experiences, and...he was kind enough to share some inspiration and strength with me. Nick, Marie, Judy and Mom happened to be in the room and we were all mesmerized with his story. I have been outside several times this week and am sitting up more and more each day.
Thanks to Jill and Shannon for a wonderful weekend! I can't wait to see you both again soon. I will post again this weekend. Love, Jennifer.
P.S. Cecile, did you get the opportunity to grace the Bahamas with your presence? :) Hope you didn't get stuck...see you soon.
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
Jen - What an inspiration Dr. Weathers must have been for you and all your fortunate visitors. I imagine you will one day be visiting others with your own inspirational story. Good to read your blog today. Patty
Jen, I am so glad that you got to visit with Dr. weathers... You are something sooooo special that he would come to see you to share his story.... I know that some day you will be doing the same thing for other people to give great inspiration!!! I am glad that you are going to rehab next week, I bet you can't wait..Keep posting to let everyone know how you are and stay strong! Love and miss you
Jill F
Morning Jen!
Love the blog message this morning - can't wait to see your new digs!
Patricia
Jennifer,
Mark & I have been friends of Nick's for quite awhile and he has taught our daughter (Morgan) golf for the last 6 years. We have made a handful of visits to the hospital and kept Nick company and visited with your family. We have not gotten to know you (as of of yet), we only have met once at a tournament that my husband, Mark, was caddying for Nick at a qualifier for the Byron Nelson a couple of years ago.
I am so proud of you - your strength and determination amazes me. Mark and I will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We look forward to the time that we can get to know you better because we sure enjoy Nick and would like to have the chance share in your life as well!
Nancy Taylor
Hi Jen, Well, we had quite a wonderful time together this week. You experienced a lot of "firsts" and succeeded at each one. Each morning I was wih you , you started my day off with your smile. You are taking big steps up your mountain. Thanks for giving us the courage to go with you. I'll be back soon. Love you! Enjoy your birthday weekend. Celebrate!
Jen, How exciting to receive a visit from Dr. Weathers. So glad Nick, your Mom, Marie and Judy were there. I'm sure his words of encouragement will have special meaning for you. I agree with Jill, there is a day coming soon where you will be the person who will be giving the encouragement and inspiration.
Know how excited you are to go to rehab. Keep up all your good work and especially that beautiful smile and incredibly positive
attitude. You already are such an inspiration to so many people.
Cecile made it to the Bahamas. Bush has lifted the restriction on passports to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean if traveling by air, so she should get back without any difficulty.
Have a wonderful weekend with all your family, what a treasure they are.
Love,
Ann
This is the role I see you in Jen, doing what Dr. Weathers is doing.
Rehab next week, girl you are moving on up.
Hope you have a terrific BIRTHDAY!!!
Love - Nancy Blackman
Jenny---I wish I could have been there to visit with Dr. Weathers--Thanks Marilyn for sending the e-mail --he sounds so interesting. Jenny---It won't be long for rehab and know you are so ready to begin--Thinking of you sweetie-Love and a Big Hug---Kathy P
Jen, it is always so great to see your messages when I open up the blog! I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Nick and I are still trying to figure out a weekend to get down to Dallas to see you, but we will get down there soon! Take care! Lots of hugs to everyone!! Love - Paige
Hello Jen,
Yes, I made it (or I should say we made it) to the Bahamas on Wednesday. What an ordeal it was...And all I could think about is what is it going to be like to try and get back into the US.... Ann made my day today when she left me a message about Pres. Bush lifting the regulation on the passport bill. Now I know that I will be able to get back into the US and have another visit with you in your NEW suite. I know that it will be decorated by the time I see you, but if not Ann and I can help your Mother get it done.
This area is absolutely beautiful and the couple that belongs to the club here (that sponsored all of us) had us to there condo (7,000 sq.ft) and it was stunning. Except for the rain.
A member from Bent Tree and his daughter asked about you today.
I am glad that Dr. Weathers made it by to visit with you. I know that you enjoyed his story and his experience, but Jen don't discount yourself with what you have experienced this past almost 12 weeks. You are the most amazing person I have ever seen. Someday you will be out telling your story to someone that has had an unfortunate situation come into their life.
I miss seeing you and your family and can't wait to get back to Dallas to see how you are doing.Have a splendid BIRTHDAY and enjoy everyone pampering you. Hope you have gotten to wear some of your new clothes and been able to soak up some of the new lotions.
Enjoy your wonderful family this weekend. I hope that your Grand Mother arrived in Dallas OK and that all of you have a great time this weekend.
Tell your new secretary that she did a great job on your blog as you were dictating to her. Marilyn, we may not make good nurses but we can certainly type emails. How is your mouth doing after the hot soup. The look on your face was priceless. Maybe I should bring a thermometer the next time I see you. Ha!
Tell all your family hello and I will see you all next week.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!
lOVE,
Cecile
PS: Judy it was good yo see you on Tuesday.
Awesome Jen. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon!
Jenny, Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you have the whole family there celebrating with you. WOW! Dr. Weathers visit was a wonderful surprise and gift wasn't it. I see you visiting others one day sharing your own inspirational story. Your on the down hill stretch in the hospital and then on to rehab. I know you are anxious. We love you bunches and think of you everyday. Take Care.
Love, Pam
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!!!!!
I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY WITH YOUR FAMILY... SHANNON AND I WILL BE UP SOON TO HAVE A 35TH CELEBRATION FOR THE 3 OF US. MAYBE BY THEN YOU CAN HAVE A NICE COLD MARGARITA!!!
I LOVE AND MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!
GOD BLESS MY LITTLE ANGEL,
JILL F
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Jennifer,
Happy Birthday to you!!!
What an inspiration you are to all of us. Hope your day is filled with love, laughter, and endless joy!
Love,
Vicki and Randy
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! IMAGINE ME SINGING AND DANCING FOR YOU!!! I MISS YOU AND HOPE YOU HAVE ONE AWESOME DAY! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE DIGS AT ZALE. I WILL BE THERE SOON TO MOTHER YOU A LITTLE.
ALL MY LOVE TO YOU ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY ...GAYLIN AKA MOTHER MUFFY
Happy Birthday Jen!
Very happy that you will be moving to the Rehab center soon!
See ya today!
Love,
T'boz'
Hey JEN!! Just stopping by to wish you a wonderful birthday! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you, but I'm trying to get down there as soon as possible! I miss you and love you a ton!
Love-Sarah
Happy Birthday Jenny. Thinking of you today. Hope your move goes well on Tuesday :)
Love,
Shelley
Hi Jen - That's great news about your upcoming move and I know you're excited to get going with this next phase.
Happy birthday sweetie!
Diane
Post a Comment