Tuesday

Back In Dallas

Good Morning All! Judy and I arrived back in Dallas Monday afternoon in another rainstorm! Randy had waited to leave until we arrived so had a few minutes together before he headed home.

Jen had moved during the few days I was gone so I had to find her new room. It feels so odd not going into CICU but this change is a move in the right direction. The nursing care is "less than desirable" but, together and with Jen's direction, we are able to figure most things out. Nick took her downstairs to the atrium area for dinner and I know it felt good to her to have some new scenery. She continues to heal and we are counting the days until the big move to Zale.

Shannon and Jill were here this weekend and Jenny loved them being with her.She said they laughed a lot and Jill worked some magic on her hair...Jenny said she cried when they left but is looking forward to their next trip. Thank you both for making such efforts and for being so loyal...

We are looking at a busy week...Jen's Grammy..my mother, will be here Thursday and this weekend we will welcome Uncle Steve, Richard and Terri, Martha, Matt, Ryan..Marie and Matthew of course, and many friends as we celebrate Jenny's birthday. Wouldn't it be great if she was in Rehab by then...doubtful BUT...it will happen soon.

OK..all for now...just checking in as we start the day and will hopfully have more to report soon. Thanks to all of you for your continued support...she continues to move ahead a bit at a time on this long oddysey..and counts on all of you for guidance and love.

Marilyn

10 comments:

Cecile Brownlee said...

WELCOME BACK TO DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!
I know you must be thinking that in rains a lot in Dallas. Not really.... This has been the most unusual weather in this area this time of the year. Hopefully we will have sunshine for a few days very soon. I love the warmth of the sunshine.
Yes, it does sound like a busy week for Jen and a very well deserved Happy week. I hope we can find a room that we can all fit into. I know Jen will need a very large place for all her birthday cards.
Jen, your hair looked great Sunday. Your girlfriends did a great job giving you a new style for your rehab days. Much easier to take care of than before. I know that the nurses on the floor are not near as attentive as in CICU, but hopefully you will be on to your next step very soon. I know that you and all your family can't wait for that day. We are all looking forward to celebrating your birthday week with you. You are very special and we want your birthday to be as special as you are! So glad you got to have dinner out (of your room) last night. It must have felt good having a date with your loving husband in the atrium.
See you soon!
Cecile

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
Today is a happy day, the sun is actually shining!!! I hope that you can get outside for a while. I know you are ready to get into Zale and start rehab and I pray everyday that it happens very soon. Stay strong and keep smiling and know that you are in our constant thoughts and prayers. Love, The Aguirres

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - Scott and I just left after a wonderful chat with your Moms. I hear that you were out to breakfast when they arrived this morning. Good for you. Keep that up! I also hear you are being treated to a massage this afternoon for your birthday. That sounds just wonderful. We are still thinking about you all the time, but our blue bands will help to reinforce those thoughts and prayers. See you soon, Steph and Scott

Anonymous said...

Jenny I am so happy that you are getting a massage today!!!!! That will feel sooooo good..
Love you and Miss you already,
Jill F
P.S. Keep up the good work, I am so proud of your determination.....

diane hutson said...

WOW Jen - Out to breakfast and then a massage...what wonderful treats for a wonderful girl!! I hope each day brings you more nice surprises like those and much more. I'm looking forward to our next visit! Diane

Anonymous said...

Hello Jen

I work with Marie in Australia. We have been following you progress via emails from Marie. Say hi to her for us all.
You sound like an amazing person & your courage is truly an inspiration to all who hear about you. I have two daughters, one 31 & the other nearly 30 & I just hope they would have the same outlook as you have if they were in the same situation. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet Jenny,

I love to read the blog and see how much progress you are making. You are such an amazing person and a true inspiration to all of us.

I can't wait to see your new do....I know it looks adorable.

I will see you soon.

I love you and miss you.
Margene

Anonymous said...

Jen,
How is everything going? I have been thinking of you a lot since I have been home, wondering how you are doing.. I bet it is great having your mom back!!! I really miss you and hope that you are feeling good.. Did you get to go visit the little Chruch down stairs yet? It is a very peaceful place. Stay strong and know that I am praying for you everyday. I thank God all the time for bringing you back into my life, You are such a special person and will never know how you touch my heart every time I am with you....Hope I can get back soon.
Love, JillF

Anonymous said...

Mother Muffy checking in...It's Thursday morning and I have celebrated yet another birthday party...hope you get to do the same, we will string it out as much as possible. What changes you will have in the next week. Can't wait to come see your new digs at Zale, please post where the address is. Moe said you were moving Tuesday if all went well. Bebe and I will be down after Drew's surgery. He is dreading it and thinks of you often. We made plans to bring you to the lake with us and can't wait until you heal enough to make the road trip. Our cabanna boy (Keith) will wait on you like he does Dawn. She loves to come here to be spoiled and pampered...you are next for the "treatment" Can't wait to see the new hair do. Much love to you. Gaylin

Anonymous said...

Jen, so glad to hear about your visitor, I know there will be a wonderful life for you after your pain and agony. We would be so lost without you and are so blessed and happy that you are ready to make the next move on "Jen's incrediable journey", we are with you in spirit today. Love you with all my heart, there is not a moment that goes by that I don't think of you and how we will do some of the things I want to do with you....start making a list and we will compare our "check" list of things to get accomplished before I am too old.
Love you
gaylin