Friday

Another Week Gone By

Hi everyone...it is Friday evening and Randy and I are just getting ready for bed. It is so good to have him here with me for the weekend. Jen had a busy day..even got the molds for her leg prothesis started and worked hard in PT and OT. She has been given permission to go to their home for Father's day and is looking forward to that first outing. Marie and I were given lessons today and hope we don't flunk when put to the test! Little Matthew and Nick are both staying in the room tonight which will be fun..it is a small suite and Matthew will have his own bed and TV so will feel like a slumber party.

Jenny had several visitors today as well as many phone calls and cards. Her days are usually busy until around 3 but following that, her time is more her own. We went to the gift shop in Zale where she picked out some things and had fun doing something "normal". My eyes are closing as I type so will sign off for now..just wanted to say hi to all of our loyal friends who check in daily. Again and again we tell each other that this support is like air and water and keeps us going hour after hour...we love you all so much.

Will write again soon. Love, Marilyn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in! So glad that Jen is progressing so fast, did we doubt? Oh, what a blessing to have you all in our lives.
Moe, miss you in Wichita... but we are still boring. More rain yesterday, but hopefully no more for a while. Bebe and I will see you next week end. Can't wait to see Jen in person again. Let us know if there is anything from here that we can bring you. Love to you all and tell Marie bye and it was wonderful getting to see her again. Thanks for update, we can't stay off the blog, just want to know hour by hour the progress of Jen's Incrediable Journey! Prayers are still lifting you up, keeping you in my heart. Love gl

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Marilyn for your update..I look so forward to seeing how Jen is progressing and it sound like she is doing wonderful!!!
Jen, I miss you and know you are working sooo hard... I am so proud of your strength and can't wait to see all the new things you have learned..
Hope to come visit really soon...
Love and Prayers,
Jill F

Cecile Brownlee said...

Wow...Jen getting a chance to go home for a few hours. That will be the best Father's Day gift Nick and Randy could receive. I am so excited for all of you. I know Jen loved getting to go down to the gift shop. That is one of the best gift shops in the Dallas hospitals.

I will try and make it by the hospital next Tuesday before Marie leaves Dallas for Aussie country. We will miss you Marie....Try and come back very soon.

Please tell Nick and Randy Happy Father's Day for me. I am planning to surprise my Father at church on Sunday.

See all of you very soon.
Love,
Cecile