Monday
Matthew's Review
Hello everyone. I'm in Jens room with her while writing this. Dad is helping her enjoy some strawberrt yogurt. She is really on a strawberry kick lately. Nothing wrong with that! Friday, 5/4/07 I was in the room when she had her first meal in six weeks. She would have made a good spokesperson for a chicken salad sandwich, which Dad enjoyed a half of. :) Last night when I got into Dallas I came in to hang out with her and we talked for about an hour before she started to get sleepy. She wanted to hear the cd that uncle Richard got her. I sampled it before she listened to it. It's a meditative soothing disc. Really good stuff. It helped her sleep. Early this morning she woke up and had trouble getting back to sleep. She is in pretty good spirits this morning. She amazes me every second. Just sitting next to her is a very inspiring feeling. I went to Wichita this weekend, friday night and returned Sunday evening. I was with Christy and her family. We said prayers for her and talked about how life can change so quickly. This change has been scary and frustrating yet she and everyone around her will prosper from it. She is really chily so I just had the staff bring her a heated blanket and Jen loved it. Well, I'm signing off for now. I want to thank everyone for the cards and gifts. Jen is so appreciative and wants to tell everyone how much it means to her. Bye for now.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
To all of Jen's wonderful family,
It is so good to hear that Jen continues to improve and that she does have an appetite. I know she enjoyed her field trip on Sunday. There is nothing that makes you feel better than the good old sunshine. It tends to energize all of us more than anything else.
Jen, keep up the good work and your beautiful smile. We are all so amazed at your strength and determination. You have the most wonderful family.
Nick, you have been an inspiration to all of us. I think you should have a clinic (not golf) on the ways to be so sensitive to your spouse. You and Jen are so fortunate to have found each other and I know that both of you will teach us so much about living life to it's fullest.....What we have seen this past 6 weeks is just a preview of what is to come. We are all here for both of you.
Matthew,
What a fast weekend you have just had. I knew that you were coming in on Friday and then you mentioned that you were in Wichita so I was starting to get confused until I finished reading your email. I hope to get to see you this week.
Marilyn and Randy,
It was so good to get to have lunch with you, Judy and Margene on Friday. You have some wonderful friends from Wichita and I can just imagine your trips to the lake. Thanks for letting us be your friends while you are here supporting and helping to strengthen you beautiful daughter. We are here for you no matter what it is that you may need. Just call!!!!!!See you soon.
Love,
Cecile
Hi Jen,
This is Kimery Rotter (Sands) and I was on pom-pon with you in high school. I have been silently reading your blog for the past several weeks and am truly amazed by your strength and fight. It is so good to hear about all the progress that you're making!! You are surrounded by a wonderful husband, great family and lots of friends. I just wanted to let you know that I've been praying and thinking about you during this whole ordeal. Keep up the fight.
Love and Prayers, Kimery
Love you Jen!
Ok this is the second time today that I have written on this and it is not going through.
Just wanted to tell you Jen how much Judy and I enjoyed being with you the last 4 days. Your courage, spirit and faith puts a smile on my face. We planned out next trip all the way home and hope to be back real soon. It is so amazing to see your progress in the last 2 weeks.
Remind the nurses on your next outing to add sunscreen. ha ha
I love you Jen.
Margene
Hey Jen,
Wow! I missed the big outing. I'm so happy that you got to have some fresh air though. It really does makes you step back and appreciate all the simple pleasures in life - fresh air, strawberry yogurt, ice tea .... I can't wait till I can start bringing you Starbucks girl!
Anyway, I'm in a conference room in El Paso Texas so I thought I would write you. I will be here for a week for work but will make a stop to see you on Friday. Was going to pick you up a souvy - Didn't you tell me before I left that you wanted one of those t-shirts that say "My friend went to El Paso and all she got me was this rotten t-shirt". :)
Well, great news on the field trip and I will see you soon sweetie. Thinking about you always.
Love,
Forest
Hi Jen from your Uncle Randy up here in wet Wichita. All this time I thought you were in the hospital. Now I am finding out you are having the nurse push you and your bed outside so you can work on your tan. I guess that wasent too bad, but then comes the story from your brother Matt, about a so called starwberry milkshake. Now Jen, both you and I know that was a starwberry daiquiri if there ever was one. I wont tell Nick so dont worry. I am glad to hear you keep getting a little better each day. Hang in there Jen, keep your head up. Love Uncle Randy
PS if you want tough, try looking up the word daiquiri in the dictionary, when you dont know how to spell it.
Mother Muffy, checking in!!! Jen, wish I could have seen the parking lot escapade ....what wonderful nurses you have taking care of you! I will be back soon. I loved our time together and I will bring really nice lotion for the next massage. We are molding here, it's so wet. Nancy Stinson is coming this weekend. Our old friend, Dr. Paul Davis was honored with Physician of the Year for Kansas, so we are going to a roast, we talked Drew into being our date! hee hee He loves Nancy and feels like she is part of our family from all the years we worked our "basement painting business"
So glad you are getting to eat. I am a little jealous that Jud and Margene got to have lunch with Cecile.....well maybe next time. Nick it was so fun to see how wonderful your love is for Jen and her family. You know I love them all so much. Can't wait to see you again. Keep up the good fight.
All my love, Mother Muffy aka gaylin
Hello Jen, Thad Pickard (from Maize High. You are in our thoughts and prayers. If there is a list of email that updates are sent please include mine. sgtpick187@yahoo.com
Hey Jen, Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!!!! Got lots planned for the hair. I can't wait to give you and all your family big hugs..I pray every night that each day you will feel better physically and emotionally. I am always here for you Jenny...Stay strong
Love, Jill F
P.S. I think it is so cool that people from high school are blogging you!!!!!
Jen....Mother Muffy here. The sun is finally shining and I think I am going to go clean house so it will be ready for Nancy, think I need to stock the bar...huhmmmmmmmmm Talked to Marty yesterday for a bit and of course Bebe. The Muffy's sent flowers to Marty and Randy for their 35th Anniversary...wow, we will throw a party for your 1st anniversary and more to come. We have decided we are going to find a reason to celebrate each day of life....Thanks to you, we realize we take so much for granted and that we should slow down and enjoy living more. I am so happy you are here to live and celebrate with us. Oh, you are loved so very much....can you feel it? I keep a file of thank you notes and nice things people have done for me, so when I have a day that looks blue, I just pull out the file and read. I hope you will do the same with this blog. It will warm your heart and give you peace. I pray for your continued healing. Wish I could see the hair day! Tell Jill, I think that was too cool!
I think you are going to be in the medical books...you are a miracle. And I am blessed to be included as your friend. Love you MM aka gaylin
Jen,Nick,and Family,
I am sure I am but one person in a sea of people who are holding you close in their prayers. Though I have never met you, your life has crossed the physical realm into the spiritual realm of my heart. My son in law,Bryan,shared your story with me last week. I was trying to arrange difficulties I was experiencing into some kind of perspective. Your life at that moment brought clear definition to my struggles. Thank you for giving strength to others you don't even know. Ellen Marie
Hi Jen,
My name is Lee Martin. I met your brother Matthew yesterday at the Abilene courthouse. I am wanting to become a land man & walked in & talked to the first guy I saw. It was Matthew & we had a good visit. He told me about you & I asked for your name so I could pray for you. He gave me the website. My wife was in good health a few weeks ago & today she can hardly walk because of rheumatoid arthritis. Life is a fragile gift & we never know what's coming our way, but God is faithful to take care of us. I was blessed & inspired by your attitude & will pray for you.
Lee Martin & family
Post a Comment