As Nick said, Chicago was quite a learning experience. We were able to stay with my brother Steve who lives on Lake Shore Drive and only a short 3 block walk to the facility. They had reviewed Jenny's records and are certainly able to help her but did stress the need for a strong support system as she works her way through rehabilitation. We are still talking about options but this will all become more clear in the coming weeks....
It has been so good to have Gaylin here...Jen really had a spa treatment yesterday and as I write this..Gaylin is on her way back to the hospital to see if Jen would like another "rub down". She will then head back to Wichita this afternoon. Randy and Ryan are coming tomorrow as well as Matt...Christy will be too.
I forgot to mention that last Sunday, Randy and Vicki Spence came to the hospital and spent several hours...they are so supportive and it was just what I needed! I know they will be back soon...as well as the rest of the DeVasto's.
Jen was able to read more of the blog yesterday...as well as her cards..and just shakes her head at the love that has come her way. Broadlane people have been amaziing...among other things have given her a portable DVD that she and Nick have enjoyed. Yesterday, Jen received a gift and card signed by people from the Pizza Hut legal department where whe worked several years ago..and was again moved to
tears. And then...when she hears from people on the blog that she hasn't talked to in years it gives her so much strength. Thank you all...over and over again.
It is so nice to have Marie here..she and I have become quite the pair as we try to find our way around Dallas. I know Nick shakes his head as we bumble along but somehow, we get where we need to be.
More later....it is another beautiful day here...lots of sun and hope in the air.
Love, Marilyn
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Wint and Marla Harris:
Hell Jen, We just wanted to write and say Hello and let you know we are thinking about you so much. You are in our prayers daily and we hope you get well soon. Love Always, Wint and Marla Harris
Hi Jen...once again Mother Muffy has come to the rescue with a massage, bath and hairdo. She knows very well that I suck at all three and so is trying to fix you up before I get there next week and hoping I won't try to do anything. I will try to think of some other talent I might have but at this time nothing comes to mind.(this doesn't surprise me)
I look so forward to reading this blog and am always amazed at all the love, support and prayers being sent your way daily. What a wonderful support system you have and will continue throughout your journey and after.
I love you Jen and can hardly wait to see you. Give that sweet husband of yours a kiss for me.
Margene
Jen,
This was the first week I've been able to see you for more than 10-15 minutes at a time. I have missed being able to talk to you the way we used to. You are doing so good sweetie. Your spirit is so inspiring. I had fun watching Grey's Anatomy with you last night and talking about 'boy problems'. :)
It sounds like Nick and your parents had an eventful week checking out the other Rehab facilities. Of course I want you to get all the best care, but a little selfish part of me hopes they choose Dallas.
Thinking about you and will drop by again this weekend.
Love you,
- T'boz'
Jen, it sounds like you are having a great week!!!! I am so happy you are getting spa treatments and your hair done.... I know how much you enjoy all of that and I am so happy that you are getting it. I miss you and wish I was there with you. You make me a stronger person just being close to you and I feel a great need to be near you!!!
Keep up the good spirits and strength!!! God is watching over you Jen and will get you threw all of these hard times. Thank you for being an inspiration to me and so many people..
With all my love and prayers
Jill F
Hi Jen...I'm so glad to hear you're getting better each day. You've got a world of friends standing by to give you strength and love. I think about you constantly and you are always in my prayers. Stay strong, sweetie! Peace, my friend...Diane
Hi Jen...Boy what a week. Sounds like lots of TLC going on. That Gaylin is a winner, it seems she really lifted your spirits as well as your Moms. Loved seeing you last week, especially that beautiful smile of yours. Jill and Shannon cherished their time with you. You are so loved Jenny and have touched so many people. Keep getting stronger sweetie. See you soon.
Love, Pam
Jen,
We are so happy to read of your steady progress and keep praying for a successful recovery. Mom and Dad said they had a great visit with your parents are hoping to get up here more often. I hope that you get to go outside and spend more time in the sun, as that is my cure for everything!! We hope to get to the hospital soon. You are in our hearts and our prayers everyday. Remember what a strong woman you are and that you are loved by so many wonderful people!!
Love, Whitney and Eddie
Hey you guys--sorry it has been such a long time in corresponding--no excuses--just the end of another school year!
Jen, Randy and I will be back soon to spend some quality time with you. We are so proud of the progress you have made and we can't wait to be with you while you devour a plate of "true" Italian spaghetti and meatballs (like your dad used to do when we were kids!!). You are always on our minds and stay in our hearts.
Marilyn, I enjoyed the short time we spent together and I am looking forward to spending more time with you as soon as school is out. I hope I can be of help to you--I am really good at laundry!
Keep a brave and trusting heart and rise to greater heights than you have known before.
We love you,
Vicki and Randy
Hi Jen and Nick... How are things going? I hope good. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and missing you so much.. Hopefully next time I come I can see Nick. I would love to get to know you better.
Thanks for taking such good care of Jen. I believe you are her angle!!!! Hope to see you really soon Jen I Love and miss you.
Jill F
Good Evening to All of You,
It seems like forever since I have seen all of you. I did talk to Nick on Thursday...And hope that Ann and I can run down to the hospital on Tuesday. You are in my thoughts every hour that I am awake and trust that you are improving a little everyday. I hope that you are starting to get a little better appetite....Jen, if I could I would give you my appetite and I would take yours. Then maybe I would weigh what the doctors think I should weigh.
I am so sorry that we missed Mother Muffy last week, but I know you enjoyed being pampered (I would) but you deserve all the special attention. Ann and I can't wait for all the Muffies to be in town at the same time. How would you like for all of them to be in your room at one time??????
We will see you this week...I promise.
My prayers are with you and your family,
Cecile
Hi Jen,
It's Wendy and Eric from High School....Just wanted you to know you have been in our thoughts and prayers everyday. We learned of the blog a couple of weeks ago and have been reading daily to keep up on your progress. It brings tears to my eyes everytime I read the comments....you are a true inspiration to us and many others. As I try to express my thoughts here today, it only seems I'm repeating what others have said as well.....you are truly a miracle and touched soooo many lives and have made us realize life is so precious and we should not take anything for granted. Your husband sounds like an Angel!!!! We send our love and prayers for you and your family and keep up the good fight Jen.
Love,
Eric & Wendy Dunn
Post a Comment