Tuesday

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

For the last few days Jen has been very steady. She has had strong improvement with her lungs and we hope to be off the ventilator by the end of the week. She is still on dialysis and we have not seen much change in her kidneys. We are also hopeful that next week they can start doing some work on her hands and feet.
It is great to see her smiling and laughing again. Her spirits are great as she learns from doctors what has been happening to her and the long road of recovery we have ahead.
Jen, we are in this together babe and we are going to get through every challenge with flying colours. I have also promised myself I will never ever miss anything you say again in spite of my terrible hearing. So today I ordered hearing aides so I can make this promise come true.

Love Hubby.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Everyday I read the blog and I am so impressed with the strength of both you and your family. Erin and I went to the hospital about a week after it all happened and I can not believe the progress you have made. You are defintely one of the strongest people I know. I have prayed for you and your family day and night and hopefully I will be able to come and see you soon. Keep fighting!! We love you!!
Whitney Aguirre (Spence)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny! I just got this blog information and this site is so awesome! It is so touching to see & feel the loving energy of all your friends and family (what a wonderful blessing).

I'm so excited about your progress - it's amazing ... as are you! You're in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Jill

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard of your hospitalization.

Take care and I can't wait to talk to you soon! Christine (Leichty) Cahoe

Anonymous said...

Nick,
I'm so proud of you and excited to know that you have a whole new world opening up for you. You will be amazed how some of the simplist sounds will be so beautiful to your ears.
Jen,
I look forward to the day when I will be able to see you and hug you. You're an incredibly strong person and your strength has been an inspiration to so many people.
Walt and I have enjoyed getting to know your family. We visit them frequently and are so impressed with their faith and love.
Keep the good fight and we'll see you soon.
Love,
Ann Coughlin

Anonymous said...

Jen and Nick,
Your courage and faith astounds us. You inspire us to be better people, better friends, better partners, better parents,and better Christians. We are amazed by your strength, faith, and endurance. Because of you, we all have taken a step back, reassessed our lives and are moving forward with a kinder heart,more forgiving spirit, and true faith in the Lord.

We love you,
Vicki and Randy

Anonymous said...

Jen, Nick, Marilyn, Randy, Big Matt, Ryan, Litte Matt and everyone else I'm forgetting - I've missed you all.
I've been traveling and haven't been able to stop in and see you.
It is such great news about Jen's steady progress.

Jen - I know you know this but you have an amazing family and husband. Their strength and love for you is unending and astounding.

Jen - I miss you. I had lunch at Nordstrom's the other day and thought of you the entire time. It just wasn't the same without you.

Please let me know if you need anything.

I'll see you all soon.
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

I just read "Slow and steady wins the race" and my heart is filled with gratitude and thankfulness. I pray for all of you each day, as do so many others. Friends and loved ones feel so helpless at a time like this, so our prayers are our way of holding you in our hearts and wrapping you in our love. Clearly Vicki and Randy expressed what each of us is feeling. I want to thank them for their eloquent words.
Thinking of you, LeMoyne Odell

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny, What great love and strength you are getting from so many people. You are an inspiration to everyone and make us all look at our lives in a different way... I love reading the comments from Nick, he is the most endearing man and I know it makes your Mom and Dad feel better to know you have someone so kind watching over you.
I continue to pray for you and all of you family and look forward to the day I can see and give you all a big hug!!! I feel so much love when I think of all of you...
Keep smiling, Jill Fortner

Anonymous said...

Jen - You are truly amazing! Can't wait until the day when I can talk to you again. I miss your text messages too! We are all thinking about you! My hugs and prayers are also going to all your family there by your side. I love to talk to Martha each day. Her phone calls brighten my day. You have been one of my best friends since the 3rd grade. I love you!

Shannon Wedge

Anonymous said...

Jen I can't wait to see you this weekend! You are the best sister in the world and I can't wait until you come off the ventilator so we can laugh and chat!